Sunday, April 11, 2010

Slashed



Dear Family, Friends, & Fans,

Today I want to talk about the new album by Slash. His first solo album after all of these years. I think this album by Slash is awesome over all is awesome. If I had to rate this album on 0 to 10 level. I would actually go one step beyond and rate this album 11/10. The reason I rate this album so well is because of Slash writing the album from a certain singers' perspective. Of course that singer would may write some lyrics, but it was Slash's thoughts sung by someone else. I also really like the production and overall sound. I feel that it was captured very well. I also want to add before I continue I hoping to have a vlog featuring snippets and something else, but this all I am going to be able to do. But I will attach some links to check out.
The album starts out with a song entitled "Ghost" featuring Ian Astbury. It is has that old classic rock grove that makes you feel like they are on a fast train. The lyrics talk about burying ones demons. So it is very uplifting. I like how the song ends most of all and fades into the next track called "Crucify The Dead" featuring Ozzy Osbourne. It is a nice transition that still throws me into shock for a moment. Track number "Beautiful Dangerous" and the B-Side "Paradise City" both of which tracks feature Fergie. I have always had a thing for the Black Eye Peas and know my respect for them has continued to rise. Her vocals on both these tracks are fabulous. I go back everyonce in awhile to check the track credits to make sure I read it right. From her work with Slash, Fergie has opened a new door for herself. I have never heard her sing with a rock style voice. She has pulled it off really well.
"Back from Cali" is nice track musically. It has one of my favorite solos. It has my favorite guest who appears twice on this album. This guest will also be singing on the tour to support the album. This guest will be singing this song with Slash on the George Lopez show on Monday night on TBS. So tune in please to check out the performance of the guest vocalist Myles Kennedy, who I hope will blow your mind like he does mine everyday. He was in the movie Rock Star, he was the lead singer of The Mayfield Four and numerous other bands before joining Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge features the musicians of Creed (Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, and Scott Philips. Myles is also on the track "Starlight". His vocals are phenomenal.
The fifth track features Chris Cornell. It reminds me of his most recent work, but it has that old grungy feel with Slash's guitar style. The tracks that really stand out to me are the ones that are acoustic. Like the track "By the Sword" which is a bluesy tune for the most part. The other acoustic track is "Saint is a Sinner Too" which is bluesy as well with a Spanish feel. I feel like these songs really had something to Slash's resume. I haven't heard Slash on these acoustic tracks. He may had some tracks like these when he was with Guns 'N Roses, but I'm not sure. Slash did an interview with the BBC. He stated he just really wanted five minutes to himself away from a band. He got the idea to do a solo project after writing his book. Which I have tried to make the effort to start reading after purchasing it two years ago around this time.
The last track that feel should prompt you to go check out this album out if not purchase it like I did is "Nothing to Say" featuring M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold. Which has a Velvet Revolver feel but with Avenged Sevenfold. It is a brutal in your face song. The album features Dave Grohl, Duff McKagan, Lemmy of Motorhead, Kid Rock, Iggy Pop, Rocco DeLuca, Andrew Stockdale, and Adam Levine.

Ghost:
Crucify the Dead:
Beautiful Dangerous:
Back From Cali:
Nothing to Say:
Saint is a Sinner Too:


Before I finish my weekly blog. I would like to talk about my blogger page and my many different networks. This page will be where I will talk about music that I feel you need to informed on as well as new releases. I will give you my opinion on new releases. So the day I review something no one else has had reviewed, then I will filled honor. I think this page will be here just for me to review music or talk about music. I will upload my artwork(graphics, drawings, paintings, and etc) and my music away from The Art of One on my myspace page. The link to my myspace:

Then to keep in touch with most of my friends. I will have my facebook page. The link is below:

Then to keep in touch with fellow Linkin Park fans. You can find me here:

I am also on Ultimateguitar.com. So you can add me there.

I will upload my videos on blip.TV also to my YouTube page as well as videos that I do that are not related to Kyle's Muzak Corner:

I also have a page where you ask me questions:

I do have a Twitter Page. I use that to do daily updates of things that I feel you should check out. I will update on some recent events that will tell what I have done, but I keep it vague. I will also update you using words of wisdom. I use my Twitter page as a way to update my status on Myspace and of course Facebook. I can text what is on my mind to my Twitter page and it magically goes to my Myspace and Facebook page.

Rock Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment